If you’ve recently purchased a Xiaomi smartphone, you’ll have noticed that Google Apps and services are not installed. Instead, Xiaomi includes their own marketplace, where users can download apps. Although this is useful, many of the apps’ names are dubbed in Chinese and not all apps are available. To install Google Play and other Google apps such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Translate, Google Maps and others, follow the tutorial below.
This works will all Xiaomi devices including the Xiaomi M2s, Xiaomi M2a, Xiaomi Mi-1/Mi-2 and any phones running the MIUI ROM.
- Download the APK file from HERE
- Copy it to the ‘Downloads’ folder on your Xiaomi phone (If you do not know how to do that, click HERE)
- Make sure Installation from Unknown Sources is checked (Go to Settings>Security> Unknown Sources and tick the box)
- Open File Explorer, and go to ‘Downloads’ folder where you placed the file in Step 2.
- Click it and install.
- Launch the app you just installed (Google Installer) and make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi
- Download any apps you need and you’re finished!